Live life your way with an Absa Credit Card. With Africa’s number-one credit card, you earn cashback rewards anywhere in the world. Designed for our affluent clients, the Platinum Credit Card makes the right statement: You're a VIP.
Introducing Buy Now Pay Later
This is a feature on Absa Credit Cards that allows you to make purchases using any of our credit cards and convert the transaction to an easy instalment plan of up to 12 months at reduced interest rates.
This is how it works:
- Visit your favourite store and make a purchase at a point of sale or buy something online (electronics, furniture, travel, school, pay for medical)
- Swipe your credit card to pay for the item/service
- Log into mobile or internet banking and select transaction you want to pay on instalment plan
- Choose 3, 6, 9 or 12-month plan to pay your bill
Be card wise
- Sign the back of your card as soon as you receive it.
- Never allow anyone to use your card or PIN
- Never let your card out of your sight when paying.
- Never write your PIN down – memorise it and destroy your PIN mailer immediately.
- You will receive a one-time password when you make an online purchase.
- Be committed to paying all your monthly financial obligations, including credit cards.
- Only apply for additional loans if you know you can afford the monthly repayments.
- Track your financial standing by creating a monthly budget detailing your monthly income and expenditure.
- Use your budget to identify areas where you can reduce spending.
- Determine your net worth using the calculation: Total assets – Total liabilities = Net worth.
Total assets: Combine all your money from your savings or cheque accounts, trust funds, property value, car value, stock value, etc.
Total liabilities: Combine all your debts such as home mortgage, credit card balance.
- Your goal is to have a positive net worth value at all times and it should be increasing as time goes by.